Friday, February 4, 2011

Rain Barrel Painting

Here in Ocoee Florida the town offered a free rain barrel and a wonderful day in the beautiful weather, to paint our rain barrels. Mine is still a work in progress, but I thought it would be fun to share. This is my friend Shari, also an artist. Her barrel came out great.

And then some others...



This woman is a quilter, I really liked the freeness and idea of this.



 And then this is mine, I didn't plan properly. So it is getting a new finish and waiting for another weekend where I am home and wanting to be outside. It is collecting rain though, so thats good. They were harder to paint than I thought.
This is where I am at now, I think bigger may be better with the artwork...

5 comments:

  1. How did you get the paint to stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did anyone respond to this? I'm wondering the same thing.

      Delete
    2. I am just finishing a barrel. I cleaned the barrel thoroughly as I have had it for a while. Then I used a

      Delete
    3. sorry-high grade primer for plastic. I used spray paint to create the base coat color. It's my first rain barrel, but I have done several peace poles and find that it helps to have multiple coats of a clear coat. I recoat them every fall and they weather well.

      Delete